11회 개인전 - 회화나무에서

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 sooknam
댓글 0건 조회 42회 작성일 22-01-12 11:13

본문

송숙남 11회 개인전

11th SongSooknam's Exhibition

2016.11.10.Thu - 11.16.Wed (11.14 월요일 휴관)

Opening Reception: 2016.11.10.Thu 5pm

작가노트

할 수만 있다면 보는 이의 마음을 빼앗고 시의 운율로 완성되는 천진난만한 매력의 뮤즈를 만들고 싶었다.

과거의 그림과 판화를 이어주는 편안한 시선의 리듬으로 시작된 장신구는 지금까지 배인 회화적 관성과 경험의 궤적들이다은유적인 바람과 빛의 형상을 쫓아 감성의 표현 화법만 달리 했을 뿐이다여러 겹으로 복잡하게 얽힌 선들은 출렁이는 파도와 같고 무작위하게 돌려진 원들은 고요 속의 회오리 같다빠른 감정으로 연성 높은 금에 설득당한 섬광 같은 선들은 영혼이 가득한 보석을 감싸 안으며 미적 무게의 화답이 되었다참으로 애매해서 회화라기에도 그렇고 공예라고 하기에도 그렇다.

무덤덤한 나는 매료당할 어떤 것을 착용하여도 편안하게 즐기지 못하는 편이다그것은 자신을 속박하고 아무 멋도 부리지 않는 맨몸이 순진한 비밀을 품는다고 생각한 것이다하지만 몇 몇은 오로지 나만을 위하여 사랑하고 싶은 마음을 뛰어 넘어 뽐내고 싶기까지 했다장신구는 행복한 감정이 정확하게 있어 좋다변덕을 넘는 특별한 세례다.

삶 또한 마찬가지이겠지만 오랜 시간 기쁨과 고단함을 골고루 누렸다정신적인 성찰과 기술적 난관에 두려웠던 것도 사실이었지만 몰입하면서 부풀려진 열정도 있었고 그 자체로 완벽한 보석에 대한 흥분도 컸었다헤아릴 수 없을 만큼 손끝으로 매만져진 수많은 재료들낙서처럼 긁적인 채 미련 없이 버려진 드로잉 역시 무한 매력덩어리였다좋은 감정을 내보이도록 다정한 대화상대가 되어 준 것이다그들을 통해 쉽게 친구가 되지는 않겠지만 어려운 것이 아닌 장신구로 완성되었다예쁜 brooch 하나가 누군가에게는 영감을 주는 뮤즈이자 삶의 위안이 되길 바라면서.. 내 보금자리 광주대학교 작업공간 안에서 모든 과정이 이루어진데 대한 뿌듯함이 크다.

따스한 사랑들에게 감사하며

2016년 무더운 8월의 어느 날

송숙남

Artist's Note

If possible, I hoped to create an innocent muse of attraction that captivates the minds of the viewers to complete the rhyming of the poetry.

Jewelry, which began with the rhythm of relaxed gaze to connect painting and printmaking, represent the pictorial inertia and locus of experience from the past. They are the same metaphorical wind and the trace of lights, only converted by artistic presentation techniques. The several layers of the intricate lines were similar to the ripples of ocean waves, while the random circles remind of the whirlwind in the calm air. The lines, similar to flashy lights, persuade with soft yellow gold embracing the spirit-filled jewels which respond to its aesthetic weight. Undecided it maybe, is it painting or handicraft?

With a fascinating objects, I cannot enjoy it comfortably with a nonchalant air. To me the captive and natural beauty without any ornate decorations truly reveals the innocent secret. Yet, a few pieces wanted to show off proudly the love for me. I love jewelry because they have identifiable, happy feelings. It is a special baptism more than a whim.

Similar to life itself, throughout the preparation for this exhibit, I experienced both joy and tiredness evenly. Spiritual reflection, as well as the technical challenges were difficult at times; however, there was much more inflated enthusiasm and excitement from the perfect gems. I abandoned countless materials after scratching them out like graffiti with my fingertips and machinery. Yet, the infinite charm of these leavings became good conversation partners to express positive feelings. Though some may not become a friend, they have become a less difficult piece of jewelry. I hope one beautiful brooch becomes a muse to give inspiration and comfort to someone. My heart is full with pride that I completed this entire process in my nest, Gwangju University studio space.

With thanks to the warm love I received,

One very hot and humid August day of 2016,

Song Sooknam

평 론

회화나무에서

정선혜조형예술학 박사

Jeong Seonhye

이번 전시회에서 송숙남은 구상 회화와 판화에서만큼이나 추상적 구성에서도 생동감 넘치는 생기를 불어넣는다. ‘싱어송(2015 목판화)’의 노래하는 새는 우리로 하여금 노래 부르게 하고 동시에 얼른 스케치하고 싶게 하며 미래파적인 느낌이 있는 몇몇 작품예를 들면 새털구름I’에서는 더더욱 그렇다반면생동감 있게 표현된 그래픽의 리듬은 칸딘스키의 작품에서처럼 영적이면서도 직관적인 언어를 연상시킨다금속의 유연한 곡선 위에서 보석은 자신의 수많은 결정면들을 드러낸다토파즈나 투어멀린 꽃들을 꽂을 둥글거나 가는 망을 펼치기 전에 금은 루비나 오팔 열매를 끼워 넣는다샤갈의 작품을 떠올리게 하는 이 천사(2005 목판화)'의 춤에서처럼송숙남의 선은 광물과 식물이 서로 감아 안기도 하고 하나하나 개별화하기도 하며 겉으로 확 드러나기도 한다이 움직임은 은유적 상응(相應속에서 회화나무와 새털구름의 형태를 만들어낸다게다가 조각된 색들은 한 인물과 시각적으로 대화를 나누고 있는지도 모른다이 형태들은 문법마저 바꾸어 브로치가 되고 옷의 풍경(로브 페이자주, robe-paysage) 속에서 기호가 되고 작품 전개 과정이나 특색에 대한 반영이 된다송숙남의 생기발랄한 보석 작품은 입사와 반사 빛을 가로채고 보석의 섬광 속에서 은은한 리듬으로 우리를 감동시킨다.

From the Pagoda tree

In the works exhibited here, Song Sooknam instils as much strong vitality into abstract compositions as she does into her figurative paintings and engravings. Thus, in Sing a Song(a 2015 woodcut), the bird makes you feel like singing and promptly drawing something at the same time, while some creations, Cirrus Cloud I for example, clearly follow a futuristic trend. However, the rhythms of her sharp graphics rather suggest a language both spiritual and plain, like some of Kandinsky’s works. Precious stones exhibit their numerous facets on the fluid curves of metal. Ruby or opal fruits are set in gold that ultimately develops into volutes or a network embedding topaz or tourmaline flowers. Similarly, with her dancing Angel(a 2005 woodcut), reminiscent of Chagall’s angels, Song Sooknam intertwines, then separates lines that finally burst out in a mineral or plant-like upsurge – a movement that creates its own forms, in a metaphorical homology with the pagoda tree and the passing wind. Such sculpted hues may also establish a visual dialogue with a piece of clothing or some particular figure. Then the grammar varies: shapes become brooches, signs in a textile landscape or a person’s gait or character. The works of Song Sooknam – all vividness of impression – capture the light in its various incidences and bounces, affecting us peacefully by their restrained brilliance.

Traduction: Marie-Claude Peugeot

h811207@